Wednesday 18 April 2018

Swimming the English Channel With Foreign Subtitles

I can't help but notice a soul decrepit
These things we call normal rarely ever fit
Laces I loop like all of the rest
People lacking shoes most certainly protest
My lack of awareness and understanding
Causing words that jump without ever landing

The laces I tie always so loose
Two bunny ears each wrapped up like a noose
Tripping and stumbling I reach for a handle
Such a small world does not hold a candle
To the one at large we shoo like a fly
Wafting a scent, our ears close our eyes

A call to arms is what some suggest
Consciously i'm subconscious at best
Thoughts like t-shirts we try on for size
Matching our soles wrapped up so tight
Laughter trickles down and out through my nose
Counting the cons while rattling prose

A blow to the noggin might make one concussed
Divisive issues are symptoms to discuss
Joked to be only the setting on a washer
The mismatched clothes all end up in the water
So our feet will march to a brand new tune
Not saying a word, but embodying truth.












No comments:

Post a Comment